What is the Old Fourth Ward Fall Festival?
The 3rd Annual Old Fourth Ward Fall Festival is a free, two day, family friendly park celebration that features live music, food trucks, beer tasting, DIY lantern making, a local business marketplace, Atlanta’s best viewing spot for the Lantern Parade and much more!
Where exactly is the festival?
The Old Fourth Ward Fall Festival is located in the green space beside the Fourth Ward Skate Park alongside the Atlanta BeltLine between Ponce De Leon & Inman Park. The physical address is 830 Willoughby Way, Atlanta GA.*Be aware that there is no automobile parking along this road – we encourage accessibility by way of the Atlanta BeltLine Eastside Trail
Lantern Parade Information
Our two-day festival culminates with the iconic Lantern Parade which kicks off from the Irwin St. (south) end of the Eastside Trail at around 8:15 pm. The parade has grown exponentially every year since its inception in 2010. With thousands of participants and spectators, there are bound to be plenty of logistical questions. Check out our Lantern Parade Game Book and FAQ’s for the 411 on how to make your parade experience the best it can possibly be. Want to be sure you have a great time? Check off each item on this list and you should be home free!
- You need a lantern to walk in the parade
- Yield to bands & large lanterns
- Strut! And keep moving north
- It’s a people parade; please leave your pets at home
- Please walk your bike
- No flying lanterns
- Take your trash with you
- Have a blast!
Click the link for more information Lantern Parade Game Book and FAQ’s
There’s no parking? How do I get there?
The Atlanta BeltLine Eastside Trail connects Midtown, Poncey-Highland, Historic Fourth Ward and Inman Park – all within 3 – 20 minutes walking distance to the Old Fourth Ward Fall Festival. While we encourage our attendees to ride, walk or run to the festival, for those driving from further away, we encourage you to utilize private lots or public parking in areas that have access to the Eastside Trail.
See the access map: HERE
Eastside Trail access points are conveniently located at:
- Monroe Dr & Piedmont Ave at Piedmont Park
- Amsterdam Ave at Amsterdam Walk / Piedmont Park
- Corner of 10th Street & Monroe at Piedmont Park
- Ponce De Leon Ave (behind Paris on Ponce)
- Somerset Terrace
- Historic Fourth Ward
- Ralph McGill Blvd at The Block Lofts
- Willoughby Ave at the Fourth Ward Skate Park
- Inman Park
- North Highland & Elizabeth Street
- Irwin Street & Krog Street
Is there a bike rack or place to stash my board?
The Old Fourth Ward Fall Festival features FREE BIKE / BOARD / SKATE VALET service provided by the Atlanta Bicycle Coalition. Check your ride in and rest assured that it’s in good hands.
Are Families and Pets Permitted?
All ages welcome. Guest under 18 must be accompanied by parent or guardian. The Beer Tasting area, on Friday from 6:30pm – 10:30pm is strictly 21+. Pets are allowed but must remain on a leash at all times inside the festival.
Is the event wheelchair accessible?
Yes, entry to the event is ADA accessible from the Atlanta BeltLine. Please be aware that the entire event site is on grass in a City park green space.
Should I bring cash? Are there ATMs on site?
Admission, food and drink sales are all cash-only. We have ATMs on site.
What’s provided at Old Fourth Ward Fall Festival?
- Portable toilets
- Festival concession options from local vendors
- Trash & recycling stations
- Food and beverage sales
- Lost & found service
- Safety and medical services
- Free water provided by Fontis
What am I allowed to bring in?
- (1) sealed, plastic bottle of water per person
- Personal soft backpack or bag (subject to search for prohibited items)
- Soft-backed collapsible chairs
- Point-and-shoot digital cameras (with no detachable lens)
- Pets on leash
What am I not allowed to bring in?
- Hard-backed chairs or non-collapsible chairs
- Framed backpacks or bags
- Food or Beverages
- Coolers or picnic baskets
May I leave and come back?
Yes! Come and go as you please!